1. Provide us with a secure email address that you can access regularly, as this will be the primary mode of contacting you during the run up to the event.
2. Furnish exact details so that your registration is not considered or treated as invalid.
3. Understand that confirmed registrations are non-refundable, non-transferrable and cannot be modified in any manner.
4. Agree that the organizers reserve the right to reject any application without stating reasons for the same.
5. Any amount collected from rejected applications will be refunded in full (excluding bank charges wherever applicable).
6. Users of email services that offer filtering/blocking of mail from unknown email address should add firstname.lastname@example.org to their address list, to not miss out on updates.
7. The organizers will contact the runners only by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the organizers shall be deemed as received by the runners.
8. The minimum age eligibility for the marathon is as follows: 21Km: 18yrs, 10Km: 14yrs plus, 5Km & 3Km: 6yrs plus
9. All runners less than 18 years of age will be permitted to participate only upon obtaining written consent from their respective parent or guardian.
10. By registering for the marathon, you agree that long distance running is an extreme sport and can cause injury to the body and health. You take full responsibility for participating in Tamil Marathon and do not hold the organizing committee or associated entities responsible for any injury or accident.
11. Irrespective of your age and fitness level, it is strongly suggested that you consult your physician and undergo complete medical examination to assess your ability to participate in the event.
12. Assume the possibility of all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to, falls and bruises, contact with other participants, effects of the weather, including extreme heat or humidity, city traffic or road conditions, arson or terrorist threats and all other risks associated with a public event.
13. Agree that the organizing committee of Tamil Marathon and its associated entities will not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the event.
14. Agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers from time to time in the best interests of your health and general safety.
15. Agree to stop running if instructed by the race director, medical staff or aid station volunteers.
16. Confirm that you have filled in a questionnaire regarding your medical conditions, if any, in order to assist you in the case of an emergency.
17. Agree that your name or photograph may be used for media coverage or publicizing the event.
18. Acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be stored and used by the organizers of Tamil Marathon or any other entity in connection with the organization or promotion of the event, and for the compilation of statistical information.
19. Confirm that in the event of adverse weather conditions, major incidents or threats on the day of the marathon, the organizers reserve the right to stop/cancel/postpone the event.
20. All the events will conclude by the stipulated time as detailed by the organizers. Runners will not be allowed to stay on the course beyond the stipulated cut-off time, considering safety and health issues. We request total co-operation from runners in this regard.
21. Stay tuned to tamilmarathon.org for updates!
* All the provided details are subject to change without prior notice.